Archived Gardening Message Boards

Topic: Houseplants & Indoor Gardening

<< Back to message boards home
<< Back to Houseplants & Indoor Gardening

View Thread:
starting seeds

starting seeds
Posted by laurie (dwhollis@aol.com) from nw Tennessee on 2002-03-05 15:44:08

I am knew at this gardening. I decided to save money and start my own bedding plants at home in small green houses. Problem: They all are all stem. One stem and that is it. What do I need to do? Did I start too early? HELP!
  • Laurie
    Posted by cricket-Zone8 from North Carolina on 2002-03-19 23:21:36

Quoting laurie: ------------
    -I am knew at this gardening. I decided to save money and start my own bedding plants at home in small green houses. Problem: They all are all stem. One stem and that is it. What do I need to do? Did I start too early? HELP!

laurie--what seeds did you start? It sounds like they may be leggy from lack of enough light? What kind of a light source do you have? Seedlings need up to 12 hours of light when you first start them--especially under gro lights! The gro-lights should be a maximum of six inches from your seedlings without overheating them.

— ADVERTISEMENTS —

National Gardening Association

© 2016 Dash Works, LLC
Times are presented in US Central Standard Time
Today's site banner is by dirtdorphins and is called "sunset on one of those Big Sky TM series echies"

About - Contact - Terms of Service - Privacy - Memberlist - Acorns - Links - Ask a Question - Newsletter

Follow us on TwitterWe are on Facebook.We Pin at Pinterest.Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelView our instagram