Archived Gardening Message Boards
Topic: Landscaping & Garden Care
Posted by Tina from Iowa on 2002-03-24 10:49:21
Water SoftenerWhat that water softener does is remove minerals in your water. The "bed" that does that has some "stuff" that tends to attract those minerals and periodically a salt water rinse is run through that bed to clean it out and then that bed is flushed to remove any salt residue. If there were enough "salts" left in the water to be toxic to your house plants it would alos be toxic to you. Your house plants may not like getting mineral free water though so unless there is really something bad in your water (the reason for filters not just the softener) I'd use the water from the by pass for watering the plants, not because your normal tap water is "toxic" to them.
Posted by Kimm from 4a/5b-MI on 2002-03-25 08:30:31
water softenerI use the treated water for my outside plants, is this ok?
Posted by Patsy Logan from 18944 on 2006-05-31 09:09:00