Archived Gardening Message Boards

Topic: Edible Plants

<< Back to message boards home
<< Back to Edible Plants

View Thread:
cilantro

cilantro
Posted by vanessa from califronia on 2002-04-23 18:26:15

my cilantro is turning yellow, and not to flavorful, any ideas?
  • hardy cilantro
    Posted by Nancy (toomanynancys@yahoo.com) from MI 5a on 2002-07-09 13:09:59

I have excellent luck with cilantro in MI, and it takes a lot of sun (all day if possible) and well draining soil (I have rather sandy soil) otherwise it the roots will rot, which sounds like your trouble. I also give it an organic fertilizer about every two weeks. I have average 'garden center' cilantro that I leave in over the winter and it keeps coming back in the spring stronger and tastier than ever.
    I don't know if it is chance or not, but I have sage (which over-winters also) planted along with the cilantro and both are very hardy. Maybe one supplies nutrients to the other?
    Quoting vanessa: ------------
    -my cilantro is turning yellow, and not to flavorful, any ideas?
  • Cilantro
    Posted by Happy Gardener from Virginia, Zone on 2002-04-28 22:07:03

Quoting vanessa: ------------
    -my cilantro is turning yellow, and not to flavorful, any ideas?

I'm growing cilantro too and I have it in an area where it gets lots of sun and also the area drains really well. Is your area having a chance to dry between waterings?

— ADVERTISEMENTS —

National Gardening Association

© 2016 Dash Works, LLC
Times are presented in US Central Standard Time
Today's site banner is by dirtdorphins and is called "sunset on one of those Big Sky TM series echies"

About - Contact - Terms of Service - Privacy - Memberlist - Acorns - Links - Ask a Question - Newsletter

Follow us on TwitterWe are on Facebook.We Pin at Pinterest.Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelView our instagram