The Q&A Archives: Yellowing Leaves

Question: I have sown a pack of salvia Salsa Salmon and a pack of salvia Salsa Scarlet. All were sown on the same day. Some plants look very healthy, even starting to bloom, while others look weak, with yellowing leaves and kind of brown spots on the leaves. What should I do? All receive the same light, water, etc. Thank you very much. Dub Koon St. Louis, MO

Answer: If you're treating them all the same way and the only difference is the variety, then you might have received a bad packet of seed. It does happen sometimes. Be sure you aren't overwatering, they receievs 16 hours of light a day under grow lights andyou're giving the seedling light doses of a dilute liquid fertilizer such as Miracle Gro. If you're doing all this, then the sickly seedlings should come along.