The Q&A Archives: Plant Name

Question: I am searching for a plant that is called "batwings". I cannot find any information on it in the internet and I have searched for about three days. I saw the plant on HGTV's show "Way to Grow" and they were at the Disney Botanical Gardens. Can you help me find an accurate name for this and if there is a possiblity of being able to grow it in my region? I absolutely fell in love with it and would like some more information on it.

Answer: The name of the plant might be Tacca integrifolia, also known as Batwings. For a positive identification, try the following website: The plant is native to China and is commonly grown in Australia. If you can provide a frost-free place, you can probably grow it in your region. Hope this helps!