The Q&A Archives: Willow Oak Source

Question: Someone asked me if I had ever heard of Willow Oak trees. They are needing 43 trees, 5 inch size. I have never heard of willow oak. Can you suggest a source? Any help will be appreciated.

Answer: Willow oak (Quercus phellos) is an oak with narrow, willow-like leaves. It prefers a moist and well-drained soil, but can adapt to different soils. I suggest that you try to find a local source first, but if you don't find one, try Arborvillage Farm Nursery, PO Box 227, Holt, MO 64048, ph# 816/264-3911. There are some wholesale distributors for the tree in Tennessee, and you can purchase from them if you have a landscaping business: Triangle Nursery, Inc., 8526 Beersheba Hwy, McMinnville, TN 37110, ph# 615-668-8022; Forest Nursery Co., Inc., 2362 Beersheba Hwy., McMinnville, TN 37110, ph# 615-473-2133. Best of luck!