The Q&A Archives: Starting the Passion Flower

Question: I have recently bought a packet of passion flower seeds. know it takes about 30-60 days, but what are the ideal conditions to start them. I plan to keep the vine indoors.

Answer: Germinating the seeds of Passiflora, or Passion Flower, isn't too difficult. They can actually take 30-365 days to germinate, so don't give up on yours if they fail to sprout in 30 days. Sow the seeds 1/4 inch deep in moistened seed starting mix, cover the trays or pots with plastic wrap, and place them in a warm area, such as on top of the refrigerator. When the seeds sprout, remove the plastic and place the trays or pots under a source of bright light. Passion Flower seeds will germinate in 30-365 days when kept at 75F - 80F degrees.