The Q&A Archives: Scientific Name

Question: I am trying to find the scientific name of a plant called 'kissing over the garden gate'.

Answer: The plant you're looking for is Polygonum orientale, commonly called 'kiss-me-over-the-garden-gate'. The less attractive common name is Japanese Knotweed, an invasive weed in many parts of the country.

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Coreopsis"