The Q&A Archives: Shasta daisies not flowering

Question: I had started Shasta daisies last year from seeds and later transplanted them. They grew vigorosly last year and this year. But there are no flowers! I see daisies blooming everywhere, so I think they should have bloomed by now. Does it take them a couple of years to bloom?

Answer: I would expect them to bloom the second year from seed assuming they are growing well and have reached a certain size. It may be that the daisies you are seeing are of a different, earlier variety than the one you grew or are simply located in more sun or in warmer microclimates than yours. With any luck yours will bloom in the coming few weeks. To enhance performance, be sure they receive adequate water as they prepare to bloom.