The Q&A Archives: Pandora Ivy

Question: I recently bought a plant at a local grocery store. They said it was a Pandora Ivy or Pandora Vine. It is climbing and has a few pinky white flowers on it. They said they received no information on the plants. I don't know how to care for it and I can't find this name anywhere on the web. Can you help?

Answer: Pandorea pandorana, or Wonga-Wonga Vine, is a fast growing vine with glossy green foliage and pinkish white flowers, usually with throats spotted brown-purple. It's a tender perennial native to Australia, so will grow best outdoors in the summer, but indoors in from autumn through spring in your cold winter climate. The plants bloom June-October and should be pinched and pruned continuously to encourage production of new flowering shoots. Provide your plant with rich, well-draining soil and a bright, sunny window. Water when soil begins to dry out.