The Q&A Archives: White spots on Calla lily leaves

Question: I have calla lilies planted in 6 inch pots. They get plenty of sunlight and are watered daily. Some of them are getting white spots on the leaves, however, others are not. I ordered a mixture of colors. What is causing the white specks on the leaves?

I wonder if it might be a fungal leaf spot disease? There is one that causes small, round ashy-gray spots to form. Eventually the spots run together. Fungi in general prefer high humidity/moisture, so one way to discourage them is to increase air circulation around the affected plants. When you water them, avoid wetting the foliage, too. If the spots get out of hand, remove the affected leaves/plants, and you may keep it from spreading to the others. Best of luck!