The Q&A Archives: Ragged Robin

Question: What is the correct name of ragged robin and where can I get a plant, seeds or bulbs? Will it grow in California?

Answer: Ragged Robin is the common name of Lychnis flos-cuculi. Other common names include Campion, Mullein pink, Catchfly and Rose-of-heaven. It will grow as a perennial plant in California and the seeds are available from Burpee. You can order online at or phone toll-free (800) 888-1447 to place your order.

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by cocoajuno and is called "Here's looking at you."