The Q&A Archives: I need info about the plant called snow on the mountian.

Question: I would like any information you have on the plant we have called snow on the mountian. it is a plant which has green leaves on the bottom and white leaves on the top. it lives outdoors and appears to not mind the summer sun. I would like to know anything and everything you could tell me.

Answer: Snow on the Mountain is the common name of Euphorbia marginata. It's a summer annual that grows to two-feet tall, with light green and white striped oval leaves. Sow the seeds in a sunny garden spot in the early spring. The sap of this, and all Euphorbia's, can irritate the skin in sensitive individuals, so use caution when handling the plants. Seeds are available from Johnny's Selected Seeds, Foss Hill Rd., Albion, Maine 04910-9731. Phone (207) 437-4301.