The Q&A Archives: Clay Pot Garden People

Question: I am looking for the directions to make garden people out of clay pots. I see them on lawns . I amunable to find the directions. Could you be of some help?

Answer: The clay pot people are a lot of fun! Basically, you need to assemble lots of pots in assorted sizes -- from big ones for the body to tiny ones for the hands. Now imagine a stick figure made of rope. The rope will make the skeleton of your pot person. Thread the rope through the pot drainage holes to make a string of pots setting them in pairs placed rim to rim. Knot it on both sides of each hole to keep the pots from sliding around. With a little experimentation you will see how to fit them together. Paint a face or add accessories as you like. Be sure to assemble the figure where you want to display it -- these are very difficult to move. It's also nice to have a helper. Good luck with your project!