The Q&A Archives: Honeysuckle Vine

Question: I purchased a honeysuckle vine in late May of this year. It was originally in a quart (?) size container. I put it into a large container since I wasn't sure where I wanted to plant it. It has gorwn wonderfully, but it has no flowers or buds? Do they bloom in the second year? It is very healthy, green and growing.

Answer: Your Lonicera (Honeysuckle) was probably set it back a bit by being transplanted. They are kind of slow in getting established, but once they do, they really take off! If your plant is in full morning sun with some light shade in the afternoon, it should be happy. Try to find a permanent spot and plant it this fall. By next spring it will send out new growth and will surely bloom for you.