The Q&A Archives: Information on Stevia

Question: I would like information on Stevia. It is an herb that is supposed to be 300 times sweeter than sugar but I can't find any information on it . Is there really such a thing, if there is I would like any information you might have on this herb. Thank you in advance for your help. Donna Stephens Hermon, ME

Answer: Yes indeed, Stevia is a very sweet herb from South America that doesn't contain sugar. It can be bought in health food stores as dried leaves or crushed powder. You can try to grow it in containers where you live. It likes full sun and well drained soil. Contact the following company for more on growing and purchasing the plants. Beware, it's expensive! Richters Herbs Goodwood, ONT LOC 1AO 905-640-6677