The Q&A Archives: Flower named Lizzie Ann?

Question: Has anyone heard of a flower with the common name Lizzie Ann? It reportedly puts out 4 flowers per stalk; each flower that opens is a different color--purple, pink, green, white. I'm trying to learn more about this plant & haven't had any luck anywhere.

Answer: I'm sorry this reply is tardy -- I haven't been able to locate this plant based on the common name Lizzie Ann. I do know of an annual that puts out different colored blooms on the same plant -- Linaria. I grew it for the first time this year, and it is a beautiful ornamental! The blossoms look like dainty little snapdragons, and I was astounded by the different colors it produced. You can get seed for Linaria from Thompson & Morgan Seeds, ph#800-274-7333; I hope this is the flower you seek!