The Q&A Archives: Transplanting Flowering Plants in Zone 6 (MA)

Question: Please pardon my very basic question, but from what I can determine my zone is 6 (Boston, MA). Please let me know my last frost date and my "set out" or "transplant date". I have some Burpee seeds and would like to know when to plant them outdoors.Due to space considerations, I cannot plant all my seeds inside. I would like to know when I can plant outside the following: morning glory, moon flower, and old spice. Thank you in advance. Patricia Barnes Boston, MA

Answer: Your last frost date in Boston is around the end of April. As long as the soil has dried out enough to work, you can plant your sweet peas then. I'd wait another week of so after that to plant morninglory and moon flower plants. They like a warmer soil temperature.