The Q&A Archives: Lily Society

Question: I have a wonderful Father in Denmark, he's an expert gardener and wins many awards for his flowers every year. This year for Christmas I want to do something special for him and hope you can help me. Lilies are his favorites and his passion, I would like to find a club where he could get in touch with gardeners who have the same interest. Is there such a club, internationally perhaps, to which I could get him a membership for his Christmasgift??

I so hope you can help me, and I just know he'd be tickeled pink, and I won't have to buy him another tie....

Answer: Here is the web site for the North American Lily Society:

There is also what looks like a small organization dedicated to preserving lilies in the wild called the Species Lily Preservation Society, located at 15980 Canby Ave., Faribault, MN 55021

If by any chance you are referring to daylilies (Hemerocallis species), rather than true lilies (Lilium species), there is the American Hemerocallis Society, web site:

What a great idea for a gift. I hope this is helpful to you!