The Q&A Archives: Rabbit Control

Question: I have rabbits eating my vegetables. What can I do to get rid of them?

Answer: To be honest, fencing -- electric or not -- is the most reliably effective means of controlling wild animal pests. There are some animal repellants on the market, but these can have varied results and it may take some experimenting to find what works in your garden. However, some gardeners report good results using the commercial repellants such as Ropel, Deer Away Deer and Rabbit Repellant, and Get Away Animal Repellant, the Natural Scent Repellants containing exotic animal urine. You can also make sprays containing ingredients such as pepper and garlic. The bottom line is that sometimes the only alternative is to accept a certain amount of damage as being inevitable, especially in a rural location.