The Q&A Archives: My County Extention Number

Question: First I want to say, I had a great planting season this year with your online help. Even though we had a serious drought and my tomatoes and peppers are just starting to grow when it's time for them to die. It was a wonderful experience and I learned so much.I can't wait until next year. Anyway my questions are:
What's my local county extension number?
Are their any edible vegetables that I can grow indoors during the winter?

Answer: I'm so glad to hear you had such a good year in the garden! The number in Montgomery County is 489-4315. I can't think of any vegetables per se to grow indoors (without a greenhouse), but you could try some herbs such as chives, basil, rosemary and thyme for some extra zip during the winter. You can also grow sprouted seeds such as alfalfa for variety in your salads. If you have access to row covers, a poly house or a cold frame you could manage greens and cole crops but they would need to be started in late summer or early fall.

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Captivating Caladiums"