The Q&A Archives: Hardiness Zones in CO

Question: Could you please tell me what growing zone I am located in? I live in Colorado and I am at 6,800 feet above sea level. Also, could you please recommend some plants for a vegetables that would be suitable for this climate? Kevin M. Hollern Larkspur,CO

Answer: I'm not sure where Larkspur, CO is located, but if you're in the mountains you're either zone 3 or 4, on the plains zone 5. Denver is zone 5. You can plant any and all vegetables in Colorado. Start cool season vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, carrots and potatoes a week or two before your last frost date. Seed or tranplant tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, squash and beans and other warm season vegetables after the last frost date. Contact a local garden center for specific dates and vegetables to grow.