The Q&A Archives: China Doll Leaves that Turn Brown

Question: I recently purchased a China Doll tree. The leave tips are turning brown, how can I prevent this from happening to the new leaves growing in? Also, are most Easter flowers poisonous to animals? My cat loves my Calla lily leaves. Laurie Harmon Vineland, NJ

Answer: The browning of the leaves on your China Doll plant maybe just transplant shock of being moved to a new location. If the new leaves look fine, I'd continue the watering, fertilizing and other practices you've been doing to keep it healthy. If the browning starts on new leaves, check the watering; either reduce it if soggy or increase it if too dry. Keep the plant in indirect light, a warm room and away from drafts. I don't believe Easter lily flowers are poisonous. However, to be safe keep the plant blocked away from Miss Kitty.