The Q&A Archives: China Doll Plant

Question: I have a Radermachia Sinica, commonly known as the China Doll. It's leaves are just dropping off. Some are half dying before they drop of and others are just dropping off and are still new leaves. Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong? Am I watering it too much?

Answer: Radermachera is generally an easy to grow houseplant. It tolerates dry air, likes bright light (but protect from direct summer sun), moist soil (but not soggy soil) and average household temperatures (minimum 50F-55F in winter).

If your plant is dropping leaves, and if you haven't overfertilized, the plant may very well be overwatered. New growth is a positive thing - it means the plant is readjusting to whatever caused it stress. Cut back on watering, especially during the winter months, and see if that doesn't make a big difference in your plant's health.

Today's site banner is by Lestv and is called "Butterfly on Spider Lily"