The Q&A Archives: Forcing Lily of the Valley to Bloom

Question: I want to have a big pot of blooming lilies of the valley to decorate at my daughter's bridal shower on April 26 in CT. Can I purchase pips and plan their bloom for that date? I could either carry the pot with me when I travel east for the shower, or could send the pips to a family member in CT to plant. Does Burpee sell these pips? Nancy Orr Newport Beach, CA

Answer: You can force pipes of lily of the valley for a bridal shower but you'll need 3 year old pips to get a flower and most catalogs only sell 1 or 2 year olds. However, I believe the following company does have some 3 year old pips for sale. Contact them for more information. Whie Flower Farm P.O. Box 50 Litchfield, CT 06759 800-503-9624 Have a great wedding!!!