The Q&A Archives: Blue Potato Trees

Question: I had 2 beautiful blue potato staked plants (trees) that I had to move. They're just a little farther than their old locations, same frontyard, except a few inches difference. Now they look completely dried out, however the branches when scratched are green. What can I do to revive them?

Answer: Your plants are probably just showing signs of stress from the transplanting. Continue to water them regularly, and just allow them to recover naturally. They should become established over the winter months and new buds should develop in the spring. Some plants don't take kindly to being moved and others fly through the process without skipping a beat. Your plants fall into the "dislike being moved" category. If they were healthy before the move, they should recover in time.