The Q&A Archives: Starting A Nursery

Question: I own land in n.ga. and would like to start a nursery, for fun and for some profi. Is there any thing you can tell me on how to or easiest or most profitable? How do I start?

Answer: I think good places to start would be by visiting some local nurseries to see their operations and talking to the owners and also contacting your County Extension for assistance. You might also find some basic information at the following searchable web site http://plantfacts.ohio-state.edu/ regarding commercial growing as well as basics of greenhouse management and nursery plant production. Your local community college might also offer courses in this subject and your local library might have books about it. With regard to the most profitable lines, that will depend completely on your local market and you will need to research that locally. Good luck with your venture.

Today's site banner is by Whitebeard and is called "variegated impatiens"