The Q&A Archives: Sweet Peas 5 Feet Tall Brought Indoors Because Of Snow And Cold

Question: I brought my tall sweet peas into the family room because the snow and cold. will they be able to bloom? Do they need a light placed over them...I open the curtain for indirect light from outside ....I have some new sweet peas coming up what can be done to keep them happy inside the house???? I love my sweet peas.........Joanne Clark

Answer: Just like early garden peas, they prefer temperatures in the low sixties or in any case below 70 as well as full sunlight outdoors. You might be able to grow them and get them to bloom if you can keep them both very well lit and also cool -- a cool greenhouse would be ideal. You might try adding supplemental light as well as providing a support for them to climb on. Good luck with your project!