The Q&A Archives: Crystals For Plants

Question: Need to know where to get crystals that you mix with water and they become a gel that you can put plants into.

Answer: I think you are asking about the water-holding polymers that are mixed in with the soil to reduce the frequency of watering. These can be found in garden centers under a variety of brand names, usually in the same section with fertilizers and other supplies for caring for container plants. Burpee (800-888-1447 or offers TerraSorb.

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by mcash70 and is called "Moss on a log"