The Q&A Archives: Corsican Mint For Patio

Question: We are building a stone patio and would like to grow a low ground cover between the stones. I have read that Corsican Mint works well for this. I could not find the seeds in your catalog but can we special order them from you? If not can you let me know where to find them in the Seattle-Tacoma area. If you have any better suggestions of what would work please let me know. We do not want starters however because it will be a large patio and I would rather seed. Thank you.

Answer: Corsican mint (Soleirolia soleirolii) seeds are difficult to find, but Cyberseeds, PO Box 1102, San Antonio, TX 78217-1102 carries them. Or, if you purchased a flat from a local nursery, you could plant one-inch tufts and have coverage in one or two seasons. Either way, Corsican mint sounds like a good choice for planting between the stones of your patio.