The Q&A Archives: Sugar And Spice Marigolds In A Sunny Area

Question: I have a sunny area 4ft by 20ft which I want to mass plant sugar and spice mix marigolds. Would they be outstanding mass planted or would another marigold work better? Why isn't sugar and spice a Burpee signature?

Answer: Any "formula" marigold blend will look spectacular, as will any planting of all one type -- as long as it is well grown and healthy. For a carpet effect sooner plant them a tad closer together than the minimum spacing and be sure your soil and watering are generous. In my experience the blends are more interesting to look at, but that is a matter of personal taste. As far as the signature question, you would need to ask Burpee directly. You might call their customer service at 800-333-5808. Enjoy those marigolds!