The Q&A Archives: Ms.

Question: I would like to hire a landscape architect & do the work myself. Is this possible? How to contact such a person?

Answer: It should certainly be possible, although it may be difficult to find a landscape architect who is willing to work on those terms since they may tend to prefer larger projects. You might also consider using a landscape designer who (usually) has less technical training than a degreed and licensed landscape architect. In any case you will want to interview them and see if you like their approach to design before coming to an agreement. You might try the telephone book, ask at local nurseries and landscape contractors, and check with local builders to see which landscape architects or designers they recommend. Good luck with your search!