The Q&A Archives: Apricots.

Question: I saved some apricot pits and I put them in a bag with some moist soil in the refrigerater for three months then they started growing in the bag. I put them in some soil and they grew. How can I take care of them?

Answer: Since they are already growing, your best bet would be to keep them in the brightest possible light, either in a greenhouse or possibly under lights until it is warm enough to set them outdoors in a sheltered spot out of wind on mild days. Be careful not to "sunburn" them. Gradually acclimate them to the outdoors and eventually plant them outside once all danger of frost is past. You might fertilize them with a water soluble fertilizer at about a quarter strength and be sure to move them into larger pots as needed. Enjoy your trees!