The Q&A Archives: Caring for Jasmine Vine (Jasminum polyanthum)

Question: I was given a Jasmine vine (jasminum polyanthum) for Easter. What is the best care I can give it? It has many blooms remaining, some faded. Thank you for all your advice. Molly Whiteman Fairview, PA

Answer: Give your Jasmine vine the best possible light in the house. Keep the nighttime temperatures from 50-60 degrees F. and cool daytime temperatures in the winter. Give it a constant water supply and be fairly generous in the growing period. After flowering, prune drastically. Repot if necessary in media of 1 part vermiculite to 2 parts standard potting mix. Feed weekly from March to October with mild liquid fertilizer. They require high humidity (spray frequently), plenty of light and cool temperaturesin fall to set flower buds for next year. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by clintbrown and is called "Dicentra"