The Q&A Archives: Bug Science

Question: What is the name of the science concerning insects, diseases of plants (particularly house plants) and control of the sort?

Answer: I think you are describing what a pathologist might do, although entomologists certainly study insects. In some cases insects can be the vector for a disease and this would combine the two. Many areas in horticulture tend to be interdisciplinary. I hope this helps.

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Sempervivum Henry Carrevon"