The Q&A Archives: Gardening Club

Question: I am interested in starting a Garden Club in my town. Any information you could provide would be helpful.

Answer: If you are planning on affiliating with a national orgqnization, you might consider contacting these organizations (listed in no particular order): National Council of State Garden Clubs, 4401 Magnolia Ave., St. Louis, MO 63110-3492 tel. (314) 776-7574 or Garden Club of America, 598 Madison Ave., New York, NY 10022 tel. (212) 753-8287 or The Gardeners of America, Inc./Men's Garden Clubs of America (open to men and women) PO Box 241, Johnston, IA 50131-0241 tel. (515) 278-0295.

If you are thinking of a simple local club, you might want to begin to organize by working with an existing organization such as your local recreation department or similar structure with access to a meeting place and an existing communications medium as well as a membership or following who might be interested in gardening.

Have fun with your club!