The Q&A Archives: Good Tomato Varieties For Zone 10

Question: I am getting ready to order my Burpee seeds, but cannot decide on a large tomato variety. I had a great crop from SuperTasty, but they were a little too tart for my taste. They were beautiful, healthy and prolific. What tomato would be just as successful in zone 10 and a little sweeter? I was considering Bucks County or Early Pick. For cherry tomatoes, would Christmas Grapes, Juliet or Sugar Snack Hybrid be best? I loved the Gardeners Delight, but they are no longer in the catalog.

Answer: Bucks County is a good choice, and you might consider Ensalada Hybrid, as well. It's not a large tomato, but it produces fruit as sweet as they come. Sugar Snack Hybrid is an excellent cherry tomato; sweet, delicious, and prolific!