The Q&A Archives: Eupatorium Joe Pye Weed

Question: I planted several Eupatorium that I purchased at a local nursery thinking that they would provide a privacy fence for my pool. I have done a bit of research to no avail regarding how they grow, that they die back at the end of season and what to treat them with. I was shocked to see them die back, I thought they would just grow a bit from season to season. When I bought them they were about 2 feet high and it was September. Maybe they were started from seed?? Could you just give me some information on them and the others I planted with them called Artemisia or wormwood which I expected the same. I am still fairly new at gardening and I enjoy it so much.

Answer: to suit your planting location and how to grow them. to suit your planting location and how to grow them.

Today's site banner is by clintbrown and is called "Dicentra"