The Q&A Archives: Growing Trollius

Question: I have several trollius plants but as they do not seem to be popular I cannot find any more information than what is in Sunsets WG book. Will they do well in the shade in zone 7 and do they spread?

Answer: Trollius is also known as the Globe Flower. It's a perennial plant, native to North America, growing from 6"-36" high. The plants are related to buttercups, and have a similar appearance; lobed leaves and flowers held above the foliage on single stems. Provide part sun to full shade, ample water during the growing season, and deadhead regularly for best performance. Once the plants are established they do not like to be disturbed. Divide clumps carefully every 4-5 years in early spring or late autumn. Trollius is reliably hardy in zones 3-7 and should grow well in your zone 7 garden.

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Agave"