The Q&A Archives: Advice for Screenplay

Question: I am writing a screenplay and need very specific advice. I would like 3 flowers or plants to use as metaphors for human beings. such as the difficult flower perhaps if it is easy for it to die but with constant attention it produces beautiful flowers. and the easy flower but the price you might have to pay for its beauty (such as the constant tending to,or is it worth all the efffot perhaps such a flower only blooms for a short period of time then its back to the drawing board) and the giving flower it doesn't need much attention but it blooms beautifully, sometimes flowers like that can go unappreciated

Thanks you so much for all your help.

Answer: Every gardener will probably come up with a different list; gardening is a very personal thing!

Difficult: Bird of Paradise which takes years before it will flower indoors, outdoors would be delphinium
Touchy: orchids indoors, hybrid tea roses outdoors
Ever blooming, easy: African violets will bloom off and on all the time if they have enough light (contrary to common belief they are not that difficult and very few indoor plants are everblooming) indoors; outdoors would have to be marigolds.

Good luck with your screenplay!