The Q&A Archives: Slow Release Fertilizer For Newly Planted Outdoor Flowering Plants

Question: What number slow release fertilizer should I use when planting flowering annuals?

Answer: In general you would use a complete fertilizer with numbers listed on it such as 10-10-10 or one with a higher middle number intended specifically for flowering plants; the best way to know what to use is to have your soil tested and find out for sure what it is or is not lacking and then fertilize based on that. Possibly more important would be to also check the soil pH. Your County Extension (489-4315) should be able to help you with the tests and interpreting the results.

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by cocoajuno and is called "Here's looking at you."