The Q&A Archives: Basic Perrenials for Zone 7

Question: Can you give me a list of flowers that I could plant that will come back year after year? I would like some unusual flowers: not pansies and common flowers. I live in SW oklahoma in zone 7. What would you have me plant now from seed and what turbo plants do you suggest?

Answer: Check out all our perennial plants on pages 16-21 (Turbos), page 22 (Garden-Ready), pages 23-27 (perennial seeds), page 121 (Peonies), page 122 (iris), page 123 (daylilies), and page 124 (hosta, ferns, and miscellaneous). Personally, I like the durability of hostas, daylilies, and Siberian Iris. Of the Turbos, your choices for really easy perennials are: Artemisia Silver Brocade, Coreopsis Moonbeam, Coneflower Magnus, Heliopsis Summer Sun, Erigeron Azure Fairy, Monardas, Perovskia, Rudbeckia Goldsturm, and Sedum Autumn Joy.