The Q&A Archives: The Mysterious Laurentia!

Question: Please help! I have looked high and low for information about Laurentia axillaris (including several huge plant dictionaries) and have come up empty. I tried growing them a few years ago and can't seem to find them anymore. I love the deep blue flowers and would love to try them again--any advice?

Answer: Laurentia axillaris was introduced in 1995 by Thompson & Morgan. The original was 'Blue Stars'. Now the series includes a white-flowered 'alba Shooting Stars', and a 'Starlight Pink' which boasts lavender-pink flowers.

Seeds for all of the 'Stars' series are available from Thompson & Morgan, PO Box 1308, Jackson, NJ 08527-0308. Phone 800-274-7333.

I don't doubt you've looked high and low for information. Laurentia is also known as Isotoma and Solenopsis! Leave it to the botanists to confuse the gardeners!