The Q&A Archives: Distinguish Annuals From Perennials On My List Please.

Question: butterfly bush, cloth of gold, northern lights grass,scabiosa, plumosa, beacon silver, blue festuca, astilbe phlox.sort by category for me thanks.

Answer: Butterfly bush (buddleia) is a shrub so it should come back every year and can get pretty big.Cloth of gold might be one version of the "Basket of Gold" which is a perennial, Aurinia saxatilis. Scabiosa is a perennial. Plumosa is only a fragment of a name. "Beacon Silver" is a named variety of the perennial Lamium. Blue Festuca is a perennial grass. Astilbe is a perennial. Phlox can be perennial or an annual depending on what kind you are growing. I am not familiar with a Northern Lights grass -- there is a "Northern Sea Oats" and a "Morning Light", both perennial.