The Q&A Archives: Restoring Eroded Area

Question: Where would I go to get a very large amount of topsoil? A section of my back yard has lost topsoil from rain and I would like to fill up the holes and level the yard.

Answer: You might check with landscape contractors in your area or with your local soil conservation office for suggestions; your local county extension might also have some helpful advice. Do keep in mind that a landscape architect or other professional, with training and experience in surface drainage and grading, might be able to help you analyze the root cause of the problem and correct it, so that the new soil doesn't wash away as well. They should also be familiar with sources for topsoil and other amendments sold by the cubic yard.

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Coreopsis"