The Q&A Archives: Setting up Sweet Pea Experiments

Question: Do you have any experiments that were done on sweet pea seeds? I would really appreciate a reply because I need a similar experiment to my own- the depth of seeds for a school science report. Jeff Behm Sussex, WI

Answer: I don't have any data from actual experiments using sweet pea seeds. Have you already done the experiment? Are you trying to think of ways to set up an experiment? Although it's always good to try to compare your results with others, it's also useful to replicate the experiment--try it again and see if you get the same results. Or, at the very least, use more than one pot for each treatment. If I can help you come up with some ways to set up your experiment, or ideas for what to look for, please let me know. I'm sorry I couldn't be more help in finding the results of similar experiments.