The Q&A Archives: Carbendazim Solution

Question: In the book "the Houseplant Expert" by Dr.D.G,
Hessayon, it suggests watering plants with root
rot after they have been repotted with "carbendazim solution". I cannot find out what that is. Also "cheshunt compound" as a solution
for damping off. Thank you for your help.

Answer: I was not familiar with either of those, but a quick research shows that Cheshunt is a town in England, the other is a chemical formulation offered in Europe. I don't know if there is a US equivalent. In general, neither type of treatment would be recommended on a routine basis. Damping off can usually be avoided by following good seed starting practices, and plants that are watered and potted appropriately would not normally encounter root rot. If there are specific problems with certain plants, we would be glad to try to help you trouble shoot if you ask again through the Q&A.

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by mcash70 and is called "Moss on a log"