The Q&A Archives: Growing Den. Orchids

Question: Some of my Den. orchids that have flowered have lost all their leaves and have not grown more suedo bulbs. What should I do with these? Also once they have flowered and some of these that lost their leaves, should I keep them or trow them out? The bulb tops are still green but I do not see new root formation on top of the medium they grow in.

Answer: Many of the mass-produced dendrobium orchids are very hard to keep alive without greenhouse conditions. If there is no sign of new growth, it is really a judgement call as to whether you keep them or not. They may come around, but it may take a very long time. You could hang onto them for awhile, putting them under lights, and see what happens. A great resource for information on orchids is the