The Q&A Archives: Sources for Gourd Seeds

Question: I am interested in planting seeds for "Kettle Gourds". I have searched high and low in my local area for these seeds, but can not find them. I am running out of time, as I should have started them indoors two weeks ago. Can I purchase these seeds from you? There are other gourd varieties that I am interested in (Chinese bottle), but can not find those either. Please contact me with any ordering info, or how I may obtain a catalog that has these seeds quickly. I am desperate! Missy HatalskySharon Springs, NY

Answer: Burpee sells the following gourds: Large Bottle Luffa Big Gourds mix (several varieties) Small Fancy Gourds mix The quickest way to obtain information about ordering would be to call them at 1-800-888-1447 Stokes Seeds sells a larger variety of gourds, including Giant Bushel, Speckled Swan, and Birdhouse, and many others. The telephone number for Stokes is 1-716-695-6980. I could not find a variety named "Kettle" as you described. Could it be sold under another name?