The Q&A Archives: What Can I Grow In The Bronx,newyork

Question: what zone is the bronx,ny in?also what kind of bubls,seeds,vegetables, trees,fruit,annuals,i want to know everything i can grow.I love to grow things.

Answer: You are on the edge between a warm zone 6 and zone 7, depending on how windy your garden is. You will be able to grow nearly all annuals and most vegetables, as well as temperate climate fruits and nearly all spring blooming bulbs. You might want to consult with your county extension (328-4800) with regard to the best varieties for your area, and you might take a look at a basic book or two about gardening. One I particularly like is "Gardening for Dummies" by Michael MacCaskey, ISBN1-56884-644-4, Dummy Press or any of the more specialized gardening books in that series. They all offer straightforward advice and clear instructions on different aspects of gardening. Enjoy!